Loco – #wackyracer
Marvin was waiting for his friend at the landing zone. He looked up and admired the fauna buzzing around: huge tandem wing, high aspect-ratio glider, potato-shaped school wing… and then he spotted his friend.
Alex looked like a mosquito, thermalling in the middle of the others. Marvin couldn’t wait to hear what he has to say about the Loco.
Once landed, his face said it all. “Man! That was… loco!”
Alex was grinning as he stuffed the tiny glider in his rucksack.
-”What about the acceleration? Did you push the speed-bar?”
-”Of course, I did! First bar, I was like, OK that’s nice. Second bar, I felt the speed much more and that was exhilarating. But when I pushed the last bar, man! That was awesome! Never felt that fast before, even with my comp wing, this is totally crazy!! Man! What is that glider?!”
Marvin was driving home. He was thinking of the Loco. Two-liner, 16m2, EN-C. What else? That was huge. He saw all the possibilities: soaring on the seaside, speed reserve in high mountains and so many different ways to have fun! You tick such a lot of boxes with the Loco, because you cannot put it inside of any. “The Loco is running from boxes and blowing them up” he thought.
Once at home, he sat on the couch, turned on the TV. There was this old cartoon shown, named “Wacky races”. The Red Max was grappling with the Mean Machine. What was the Loco? Well, it definitively was a wacky racer.
Loco – Catch me if you can!
- Cross Country60%60%
- Hike and Fly100%100%
- Hike & Fly Competition60%60%
- Run & Fly Competition100%100%
How to describe the Loco…
…in one word?
…in one image?
A smiling pilot, mosquitoes stuck on his teeth.
…in one dream?
Cross the finish line of a World Cup right under the nose of the CCC gliders. That would be so crazy!
Construction & Features
– Double coated Skytex, doubled seams, edging tape and new nose guard patches: robustness is the key
– Superlight dyneema risers, unsheathed but color-coded lines (Aramid, Edelrid 8001U)
– XC high performance Two-liner internal structure (derived from the development of the Volt 4)
– Full length top surface Nitinol rods
– Low drag thanks to a reduced total lineset, you will hear your lines whistling!
– On the leading edge, ground attachment loops help to prevent the paraglider from slipping on a steep and/or slippery slope (snow).
Technical Specifications & Colors
The Loco is a 16m2 two-liner, EN-C certified. What else? The Loco is a glider that does not fit in a box but that you can bring wherever you go, just don’t forget to close your mouth when pushing the speedbar.
Take Off Weight is considered as the flight-mass (including Pilot, Glider, Harness, Reserve, Gear…)